There are various definitive milestones and waypoints in the process of accomplishing a goal, founding a company, creating a product, building a relationship, etc. But starting is not one of them.
There is no single point of inception when initiating, acting upon, and starting an idea. One burst of inertia is never enough to get something off of the ground and into flight for the long term.
- Starting, in and of itself, is a process – a series of initiations and initiatives backed by action.
- Starting is an entire phase, not a single event.
- Starting is a continual decision to implement an idea again and again and again.
When the greater goal is clear, don’t overlook the breadth of phase one. Ironically, starting is a long-term commitment.
Be a Maverick!
If you enjoyed this post…
- Please share it – everyone wins
- You will also enjoy the M4M newsletter
- Post your comments below
- Get your free copy of the M4M Manifesto