Never a lack of resources
Mavericks are not necessarily the most knowledgeable or the most intelligent, but rather, the most resourceful. “Hoping for more” is a waste of time and “having it all” is often a curse disguised as a blessing.
Constraints encourage creativity for the truly committed as they provide the impetus to take one more look, ask one more question, and try one more approach. Simply put, constraints make complacency a non-option.
A lack of resources is an all too common justification for idleness, but circumstances should never be a gauge for action. Deficiencies are never more harmful than existing strengths are beneficial (unless, of course, we obsess about them).
Getting started and acting boldly demonstrates commitment and attracts more support and more resources.
The challenge is recognizing what we currently have to work with and then using this capital in ways never before considered. This is the crux of what it means to be resourceful: creating new solutions and seizing opportunities with finite means. Seventeenth-century French author François de La Rochefoucauld claimed, “Nothing is impossible… if we had sufficient will we should always have sufficient means. It is often merely for an excuse that we say things are impossible.”
Sometimes the greatest accessible resources are creativity, perseverance, and the ability to act. In a Maverick’s life, there are numerous times when those were the only tools available—but they were still enough to turn imagination into new possibilities.
The Carthaginian military commander, Hannibal, is often credited as one of the finest commanders in history. He was widely known for his confidence in making the impossible possible with this maxim: “We will either find a way, or make one.”
Nothing becomes impossible due to a lack of resources; it’s simply that some endeavors require more creativity than others. We don’t need “everything” to get started. All we need is all we have.
Be a Maverick,
* Maxim attribution: Unknown
Image code: RESOURCESPurchase this art
**Purchase this art on a wood-framed canvas for as little as $20!**
Be an environMENTAList. Inspire your everyday life. This image is available as a:
- Limited edition Giclée canvas (various sizes – including custom, made-to-order sizes)
- Full sized wall-decor (great for offices, living rooms, and bedrooms)
- Key chain
To order any of the above products, copy Code above and then click the button below:
* You can also commission a customized piece of art. Learn more here.
Have you gone
postal social? :) Then let's connect here:
- Subscribe to the M4M newsletter
- Facebook (M4M)
- Facebook (Kent & The Uncommon Life)
- Twitter (@Kent_Healy)
- LinkedIn (M4M)
- LinkedIn (TheUncommonLife)
- My other blog at TheUncommonlife.com
It’s not unusual to encounter a piece of art that speaks the language of your company. If this serendipity strikes when browsing our M4M art, you can license that piece of art for your organization to use in your marketing and promotional material.
We can provide high-resolution files and even customize the art to suit your needs.
If you are interested in licensing a piece of M4M art, please contact us and address the following:
- What image you would like to use (please use the M4M Image Code found on the image's blog post)
- How you plan on using it
- If you will need a customized file for your needs
Here are some ways we can work together:
- Daily inspiration: Nearly every pop-art image is available for purchase as a limited edition canvas (of various sizes), poster, t-shirt, mug, key chain and more. Browse the gallery to select an image. Here is how to purchase from M4M.
- Custom, commissioned art to embody and reflect your goals, values, and vision. Kent refers to these images as “Wall Compasses” because they offer daily reminders of the grand objective and the best path to get there. Learn more.
- Advertising & marketing: Looking for a refreshing advertisement, marketing campaign/material or other company branded icons such as business cards? Learn more here.
- Become an Affiliate! If you like what you see and believe in the power of M4M’s paradigm-bending pop-art then spread the word and be compensated for it! Learn more here.
- Speaking: Using my pop-art as paradigm-bending visuals, I frequently speak about creative thinking, entrepreneurship, leadership, productivity, and many more topics at schools, universities, and businesses. Learn more or contact me with details about your event.
Here are 7 reasons you may want to join the M4M mailing list:
- Content will be delivered directly to you the moment it’s available. You won’t have to visit the blog.
- It’s 100% free. With that said, I realize your time is not free. Therefore, I promise not to abuse it.
- The newsletter looks damn sexy and the posts are short – heck, the images only take a moment to look at. And the corresponding few lines of text? Optional.
- Get my popular book, Maxims for Mavericks for free.
- Get personal updates, coupons, and offers that will NOT be shared in blog posts.
- We all need a ‘cognitive awaking’ to break our daily trance. M4M is your creative caffeine.
- Life rewards action. You have everything to gain and nothing to lose. Give it a shot. If you want out, you can easily and immediately unsubscribe at any time.
And besides, all the smart people are doing it. :)
Join us as we raise our glasses to an uncommon life...Subscribe